English lessons and assignments for Casa Montessori Adolescents.
Lessons & Assignments
Aug 29th-Sept 2nd:
- Literary Elements (learning through music)
- Requirements for this project:
- Every group should be able to explain which literary elements occur in their song (give examples).
- Understand what the theme of the song is.
- Turn in your group packet (annotations, writing, group plan)
- Create and show video (30 seconds to full song–your choice!)
- DUE DATE: Friday Sept 9th!
- Literary Elements project due Tuesday the 6th! We will present during our English block.
- Grammar Exercises (everyone)
- We are beginning a project on research writing!
- Monday, 9/12 Lesson: Research Writing
- We will begin by learning about expectations, brainstorming, selecting a topic, and understanding evidence-based research. Click here for step one, Selecting a topic. (due 9/16). If you’d prefer to print and write on these forms, just be sure to staple or glue them into your English notebook. (All forms here are due 9/16, check the Monday Lesson for more info!)
- Grammar exercises for the week. (everyone, due 9/16)
- Grammar exercises for the week (everyone, due 9/23)!
- Answer key for last week’s grammar.
- September 19th Assignment: Annotated Bibliography (everyone, due 9/23)
- YouTube Video of MLA Annotated Bibliography.
- Grammar exercises for the week (everyone, due 9/30)!
“The library is inhabited by spirits that come out of the pages at night.”